Islam, Islamic, Islamic News, Fatwa's and Islamic Business/Finance with Islam Online - The premier and trusted provider of online Islamic content.

US court rejects anti-Islam film actress’s plea to remove video from internet

Published: 02/12/2012 09:10:00 PM GMT
Related Stories

Los Angeles: The west continues to show its Islam enmity as it is obstinate about the disgusting anti-film by defending its presence on most popular social video sharing website and a court in the United States has even rejected a plea by the pathetic anti-Islam film’s actress to remove it from the internet.

By Farhan Iqbal


Los Angeles: The west continues to show its Islam enmity as it is obstinate about the disgusting anti-film by defending its presence on most popular social video sharing website and a court in the United States has even rejected a plea by the pathetic anti-Islam film’s actress to remove it from the internet.

An actress, who appeared in the anti-Islam film that sparked violence in the Islamic world, failed in her second legal bid to get the video taken down from the Internet.

A federal judge in Los Angeles last week denied a request for a court order by Cindy Lee Garcia to get YouTube to remove the clip in which beloved Prophet of the Muslims was made fun of.

The ruling was based on the decision that Garcia was unlikely to prevail on her claims of copyright infringement.

“I think it’s unfortunate that Cindy has yet to have her day in court,” said her attorney, Cris Armenta, who added that she plans to appeal the ruling.

“While we respect the judge’s ruling, we vehemently disagree with it,” she added.

The pathetic anti-Islam video was posted on YouTube in July which hurt the sentiments of Muslims so badly and they protested against it all over the world.

The disgusting movie paved way for anti-US protests in all across the Muslim world. It was initially blamed on the deadly attacks on the American Consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi on September 11 that killed the four Americans, including the US ambassador to Libya. The US State Department later said that the assault was a coordinated and pre-planned attack.

Garcia claimed that she was duped by the filmmaker, Nakoula Nakoula, into believing that the movie would be an adventure film called “Desert Warrior” and that her lines were duped in post-production to have her accuse the Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) of disgusting acts which is a grave blasphemy against the most respected personality in the history of mankind.

She said that she and her family have received death threats since the video was posted online and her career tarnished.

Nakoula, a self-described Coptic Christian and convicted check fraudster who was on parole, went into hiding after the film was blamed for the violence in Islamic world. He was arrested in September and was returned to federal jail for violating conditions of his probation. One of the conditions of his parole barred him from using computers or the Internet for five years.

In his first public comments since his imprisonment, Nakoula told media that he does not regret making the film.

This was the second legal challenge by Garcia to try to get the video removed from the Internet. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge in September had denied Garcia’s request to get the video taken down.



Muslims are protesting against anti-Islam film

Advertisement







Advertisment